Monday 30 April 2012

Pine Candy パインアメ

No , not pine tree flavoured as the title suggests , but merely another example of Japanese abbreviating English.
Japanese love to abbreviate not just foreign words but also in their own language.
Today I would like to introduce to you another very famous candy.パインアメ  Pine brand Pine Ame (pineapple candy)
This is the flagship product of the "Pine" candy company. It has been produced for about 60 years.

As somebody who loves pineapple flavour I always find it frustrating and difficult to find good pineapple flavoured lollies (candy),so when I saw these in Japan I just has to try them.
It was addiction on first suck , I know yes I am a sucker(corny joke alert)..I much prefer to enjoy the flavour 
of hard lollies and suck them rather than bite them and get bits stuck in my teeth.
Anyway I really love the natural pineapple taste these have , it is tastes fruity as they use pineapple juice for flavouring so it is not sickeningly sweet, though everybody does have their preferences.
The candy itself is 1cm thick and has a circumference of 2.2cm.There are about 25-26 pieces of candy in one 126 gram family packet.

Recently , I would assume to the long running success  of the Pineapple candy they have released another flavour "Orange" Which i find equally enjoyable , though my personal preference for flavours of candy is Pineapple.






If you are interested in trying candy mentioned in this blog  it is available via my catalogue attached to this blog.I also give random samples with orders.


To finish off today's blog I thought I would share another amusing "Engrish" photo , which I took while shopping in the local mall.







No comments:

Post a Comment